HD: High Distinction 80-100, D: Distinction 70-79, C: Credit 60-69,
P: Pass 50-59, N1: Not Yet Competent 49-40%, N2: Not Yet Competent <40%
In order to achieve a HD for this brief you need to:
- Meet all the requirements of the brief
- Creatively explore ideas and outcomes
- Have solid justification and reference for aesthetic choices
- No typos or grammatical errors and consistent formatting in written
- Show comprehensive documentation of planning and development
- Demonstrate good reflective practice skills
Assessment Criteria / Learning Objectives
CUFDIG506A > Design Interaction
1. Identify project requirements
| 4. Identify target audience and user characteristics
2. Generate ideas for interaction
|5. Research the delivery platform and analyse its potential for human-computer interaction
6. Generate a range of ideas to broaden and deepen the range of user experiences
3. Draft interaction design specifications
|10. Draft interaction design specifications for all interactive sequences
14. Document all feedback and incorporate into design specifications
1. Project Description
To design give you the design knowledge for designing for mobile devices. You should walk away with an understanding of the different considerations required when designing for human interaction.
This mini-brief will give insight into designing content for mobile and interactive devices. You will explore user centered design to better understand your target audience and analyse research to determine the technical requirements.
You will explorer resources such as mobile design patterns and ultimately you will produce a 3 screen mockup of a new location-based mobile application on the mobile platform of your choosing.
The new mobile app you are designing is called Checkpoint. It is a location aware application and has some similarities to Foursquare. All you know about it is listed under the Evidence of development work above. You may add to this.
The following items/procedures are required to submit for assessment, any project submitted that does not meet any of the following requirements will not be assessed until it does so:
Develop a persona
You will develop a persona of a Foursquare user to understand their wants, needs, desires including where and when they access the application.
Evidence of development work
You will sketch 3 pages of designs – 1 page of sketches per screen. Pages are:
- Load screen
- Home page with map and list of current locations of interest nearby (with ability to check-in and share latest check-in)
- A page where you can see friends activity (with a button to add / follow a friend)
Share and discuss design solutions
Share you designs and seek feedback from other students. Offer design solutions to each other.
Draw the interface for Checkpoint in Photoshop or Illustrator. It must:
- Be based on the design specifications
- Be made to correct dimensions for the mobile device you are designing for.
- Use a font size which is legible and consider fat finger and thumb input
- You will need to output your finished designs into a combined PDF, 1 design per page, the design should fill the page where possible. Submit as PDF.
- You will design, create and submit a presentation story that includes your persona, sketches and mockups and present this to the class to explain your development and your end goals. Submit as PDF.
Mobile design patterns for design inspiration