HD: High Distinction 80-100, D: Distinction 70-79, C: Credit 60-69,
P: Pass 50-59, NC: Not Yet Competent
In order to achieve a HD for this brief you need to:
- Meet all the requirements of the brief
- Creatively explore ideas and outcomes
- Have solid justification and reference for design choices
- No typos or grammatical errors and consistent formatting in any written
- Show comprehensive documentation of planning and development
- Demonstrate good time management skills
1. Project Description
There are many considerations in designing an image gallery, and a crucial one is designing for your audience and their technical requirements - what kind of device are they using? desktop? mobile? touch screen? This project will involve two stages:
1. developing a needs analysis for an image gallery that must function for both desktop and mobile devices;
2. developing a design specification document that outlines what an image gallery accessible on both desktop and mobile would look like & how it would function.
(Note: you do not have to construct the website, just design it)
a) Develop a needs analysis for an image gallery website and the different specifications required for desktop/mobile browsers. Discuss target audience, functionality, usability and UX (user experience). Demonstrate extensive research and analysis of similar sites. Images to be created in Photoshop (captured from screen and edited in Photoshop), and placed into a Word/OpenOffice document alongside text content. Submit as PDF file.
LLN: written component to include research and analysis of different website design for desktop and mobile browsers (~ 300-500 words).
b) Based on the needs analysis, create a design document for a simple HTML5/jQuery site to display images in an interactive and engaging way. Design two interfaces – one for desktop/laptop computer and one for a handheld/mobile device. Give consideration to style, colour, texture, text & layout for the different screen sizes, and consider interaction design for different devices and browser capabilities. You must create your specification document as if you were giving instructions to a web developer to construct it based upon your designs and requirements. Images to be created in Photoshop, and placed into a Word/OpenOffice document alongside text content. Submit as PDF file.
LLN: written component to include research into design and technology required and justification of design choices for an image gallery suitable for both desktop and mobile browsers (~ 300-500 words).
Both documents to be created in Word/OpenOffice, and submitted as PDF.
See DMM website for references relating to this assessment task.