Subject: CX4 - Context & Culture 4
Course: Diploma of Visual Art (21885VIC)
Unit of Competency: VPAU014 - Manage creative and professional self
School of IT & Creative Industries,
Faculty of Workforce Development,
Teacher Name: Lisa Cianci | email: email@example.com
Course Coordinator & Education Manager: Alan Morgans | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Class Website - http://lisacianci.vucreativeindustries.com/2012/CX4
Class 5 - ACCA visit
Today we will be meting at ACCA to view the Pat Brassington survey exhibition "Á Rebours" and the group sculpture exhibition titled "Sculptural Matter".
The title of the Pat Brassington exhibition: "Á Rebours", is inspired by the banned 1884 French novel of the same name, which in English translates as ‘against nature’ or ‘against the grain’.
ACCA visitor info:
|ADMISSION IS ALWAYS FREE
|Tuesday to Friday 10am - 5pm
Weekends & Public Holidays 11am - 6pm
Monday by appointment
Open all public holidays except Christmas Day and Good Friday
111 Sturt Street
|t. +61 3 9697 9999
f. +61 3 9686 8830
|Melway reference 2F F10
(no notification required)
|How To Get Here
|From Flinders Street Station:
- 10 minute walk from the city, across Princes Bridge, up St. Kilda Road
- Tram Route 1 Sturt Street Stop No. 18 (to front door)
- Tram Routes 3, 5, 8, 16, 64, 67, 72 alight at Stop No. 17 on the corner of St. Kilda Road and Grant Street, then 2 minute walk to the end of Grant Street.
|Metered street parking is available in Grant and Sturt Streets.
Commercial car parks are located at the Victorian Arts Centre and the Australian Ballet Centre at the end of Sturt Street.
You will need to write up a review of the Pat Brassington exhibition using the following questions as a guide. Please post your completed review to your blog.
- Describe the artists practice, some of their key works and the methods and materials they use in their Arts Practice.
- What main themes, issues and concerns are central to the artists practice? Give specific examples.
- In your own words, which aspect of the artists work did you find most intriguing and why? How does your interest in this particular artist relate to the artwork you create?
- in considering a "continuum of creative practice", how do you think the artist fits into that continuum? This relates to other artists and movements that you think may have informed this artist's creative practice, and other artists that may have been informed by this artist's creative practice.
In a timeline of contemporary art, consider Australian and International artists who you know of that might have come before or after this artist.
- Undertake further research about the artist and/ or their work and include references