In order to achieve a HD for this brief you need to:
- Meet all the requirements of the brief
- Creatively explore ideas and outcomes
- Have solid justification and reference for design choices
- No typos or grammatical errors and consistent formatting in any written
- Show comprehensive documentation of planning and development
- Demonstrate good time management skills
1. Project Description
Students will be provided with sample code examples and shown how to develop a simple website containing an image gallery that utilizes at least one jQeury element such as overlay, tooltips, tabs, etc.
The website will be hand-coded in Dreamweaver and uploaded to a designated web directory for live online access. The site will be linked to the Wordpress Blog developed in Assessment Task 1.
You will be given demonstrations in class time to construct an image gallery using HTML, CSS and jQuery. sample code will be provided and instruction for how to implement it.
You will require a minimum of 20 images (of your own content - any theme or subject is OK) in JPG or PNG format and you will be required to create thumbnails for these images.
- Concept statement for Image Gallery theme & research for overall design (500 - 1000 words)
LLN COMPONENT - WRITING SPECIFICATION CONTENT
- three sketches of your designs - basic layout, style and colour, fonts, graphics, etc.
- minimum 20 images of approximately w800px x h600px (you may also choose to use your own video content which must be uploaded to Youtube or Vimeo)
- thumbnails of your selected images/video at approximately 160 x 120 px
- any other graphics, background imagery, navigational elements required to complete your image gallery according to your designs
- will be using dreamweaver and jQuery code provided to construct image gallery using the overlay feature
Refer to CRT website for source materials and references